looking back

The old covered bridge

From TRR archives
Posted 5/5/20

Here is a picture, viewed from the New York side, of the old covered bridge at Narrowsburg, NY. Built in 1848, the bridge was 250 feet long. The road leading from the bridge on the Pennsylvania side …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in
looking back

The old covered bridge

Posted

Here is a picture, viewed from the New York side, of the old covered bridge at Narrowsburg, NY. Built in 1848, the bridge was 250 feet long. The road leading from the bridge on the Pennsylvania side made a sharp turn to the right and then forked with River Road continuing to the right, and the fork on the left went past the Murray home seen here in the upper center. The Murray house later became the Methodist Home for Assisted Living. The buildings on the left of the bridge were removed, as the approaches to New York had to be changed for the first metal bridge, built in 1899, and then the current bridge in 1953.

From the Tusten Historical Society.



Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here