Moscow PA man arrested for soliciting murder
Patrick L. Robinson, Wayne County District Attorney, announced the arrest today of Robert Malpasse, age 49, for Solicitation to Commit Criminal Homicide and related charges. Malpasse is a resident of Moscow, PA.
The Affidavit of Probable Cause filed by the Wayne County Detectives Office alleges that Malpasse conspired with a co-conspirator to stalk the estranged wife of Malpasse and solicited the co-conspirator to kill to estranged wife’s boyfriend, Matt Gregory. Allegations include the following:
- The Defendant, Malpasse placed a “GPS Tracking Device” on his estranged wife’svehicle.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, solicited the co-conspirator to “plant drugs" on Gregory.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, solicited and conspired with the co-conspirator to obtain compromising photos ofGregory.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, solicited and conspired with the co-conspirator to send compromising text messages to Gregory and to Malpasse’s estrangedwife.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, supplied the co-conspirator with a white powder and instructed the co-conspirator to put it in Gregory’s drink. The Defendant, Malpasse, told the co-conspirator that there was a sufficient amount of white powder to killsomeone.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, and co-conspirator obtained three (3) bags of garbage from Malpasse‘s estranged wife’sresidence.
- The Defendant, Malpasse, solicited the co-conspirator to destroy evidence related to this criminalepisode.
- All of this activity took place when Malpasse was the subject of anactive PFA Order filed against him by his estranged wife.
Robinson stated that “Domestic violence is a big problem in society today. This case is a rather extreme manifestation of the problems caused by jealousy”.