Environmental education grant available
BLOOMING GROVE, PA — The Pike County Conservation District (PCCD) is offering a $500 Environmental Education Project Grant opportunity to Pike County teachers/classrooms or youth organizations to fund a project that complements the district’s mission. PCCD is committed to natural resource conservation through leadership, education, technical assistance, planning and enforcement to ensure the long-term protection and sustainable use of Pike County’s natural resources and implementation of environmentally sound development and land use practices.
This environmental education project grant has provided funding since 2005 to all three school districts in Pike County and hundreds of students with a variety of projects including:
• “The Overuse of Plastic Bags,” a habitat rehabilitation project
• A native plant garden installation
• A “Trout in the Classroom” project
• “Seven Wonders of Pike County,” which uses GPS to direct residents and visitors through the trails and paths of some of our areas natural wonders
• Signage and deer enclosure area educational materials, which were incorporated in an interpretive trail/outdoor classroom
• A courtyard garden project
• An outdoor classroom
Applicants are encouraged to be creative. The deadline for applications is May 5 for project start-up in fall 2018.