Rocky’s Refuge seeks volunteers
ROSCOE, NY — Rocky’s Refuge, Inc. has received a grant of $4,990 from the Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund, established at the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan through a bequest from Jean Rowe, to assist in the costs of building and supporting a year-round cat neuter/spey center.
Rocky’s Refuge is an animal rescue and sanctuary that provides a safe home to animals who were abused or abandoned. It is looking for volunteers to help in its efforts to rescue and re-home abandoned animals and to trap, neuter and release feral cats. Activities for which you can volunteer are:
- Being a foster parent to recently rescued cats and kittens. Sometimes this means bottle-feeding the smallest ones; all require a period of rehabilitation and socialization until they are ready for their new homes.
- Helping trap abandoned cats, to provide shelter and veterinary care, the first step to re-homing them.
- Helping trap feral cats that are then spayed or neutered and returned to their colony. This is part of a program to address the vast population of wild cats.
- Donating your time to assist at one of the organization’s garage sales or other fundraising events.
- Helping plan future fundraising events, or hosting your own.
- Providing transportation for our animals headed to the vet, to adoption events, or new homes.
Contact www.rockysrefuge.org. To donate money send a check to Rocky’s Refuge, 605 Dutch Hill Rd., Roscoe, NY 12776.