This is the two-story school that children of Narrowsburg attended until 1929 when the large central school on Erie Avenue was opened. This first school was on School Street, where the school playground was located (behind St Paul’s Lutheran Church). One teacher taught grades one through four on the first floor, and grades five through eight were taught by one teacher on the second floor.
From the collection of Tusten Historical Society. The Tusten Historical Society’s hours at the Western Sullivan Public Library, Tusten-Cochecton branch in Narrowsburg, are Mondays from 1 to 3 p.m., Fridays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.