Honesdale Borough Storm Announcements
October 29, 2012 —
Honesdale Borough Council conducted an emergency Council meeting at 12 noon on Monday, October 29, 2012, to discuss Hurricane Sandy and its impact on the infrastructure and residents of Honesdale Borough.
As a result of the meeting the following special announcements are made:
1. Honesdale Borough Council and Mayor declared a disaster situation due to Hurricane Sandy.
2. General trick or treating on Halloween has been postponed until Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, between the hours of 5 PM to 8 PM
3. It may become necessary to close public parks during the emergency situation so the public is asked to respect temporary sign postings.
4. Honesdale Borough Administration Offices will be closed to the public on Tuesday, October 30, 2012, to deal with the emergency situation.
5. Reminder to the public that in a case of emergency, please dial 911.
6. An emergency preparation guide is available on the Borough website at honesdaleborough.com